How to generate more leads for your construction business
Mar 9, 2023
Discover more lead generation strategies to attract potential clients for your business
In the past, building companies relied on word-of-mouth or traditional advertising techniques like pamphlets, magazines, newspapers, and billboards to reach their customers and generate leads. But now, more sophisticated and effective strategies have been developed. With the advancement of technology, there are now more ways for companies to generate leads than ever before. Whether you're a startup or an established construction business, it's essential to understand the best way to reach potential customers and keep your leads coming in. If you're curious about these strategies, then this article is just what you need!
Ways to generate leads
1. Providing complimentary lectures and accepting speaking invitations.
Your prospective clients may include individuals who attend your free public or private lectures. As you showcase your proficiency in constructing houses or properties during these lectures and demonstrate your valuable skills, knowledge, attitude, and experience that could aid their business, the likelihood of securing a future contract with them may increase.
In this era where online communication and networking have become more convenient, you can conduct numerous online lectures or courses through social media platforms and other digital platforms. Here are some ways to achieve this:
A. Researching topics that are relevant to your target audience is a great way to reach them in a timely manner. Finding the right topic can be an effective way to attract your ideal customer and make sure they stay engaged. Some topics that you may include are:
- Top 10 Construction design errors to prevent
- Must-avoid construction mistakes in single-family homes
- Installing Modern Industrial Fireplaces
- Covering slabs with plastic
- House inspection 101
- Caring for your home
- Five advantages of new construction
B. Stay informed about the current affairs within your industry or bring in an expert to provide insight.
C. Be aware of the ideal timing for online/onsite lectures in order to get the most out of them. This can help you optimize your learning experience and maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of your lectures.
D. Set the date
E. Invite your target market.
Ways to invite:
- Ensure to post the lecture details on your website and social media accounts so that people can register for it.
- Reach out to them with an individualized email containing the relevant link.
- Spread the word about your content. It is an important factor in amplifying its reach. Share it with your friends and encourage them to do the same. You could also post in different forums or Facebook groups for additional visibility.
- Invest in social media advertisements. It can be a cost-effective solution to generate more leads for your construction business. It also helps to reach out to a larger audience and get more people interested in what you offer.
- Make sure to prepare for your lecture in advance. Mentally, physically and technically, you should be ready to give the smoothest presentation that stays memorable in the minds of your audience. You can always record it beforehand and have a look, but answer all the queries live and provide hands-on experience.
- If you're delivering your lecture live, make sure to record it and upload it to platforms that your target market frequents. This way, you'll have maximum visibility.
2. Community forums and groups
Community forums are great ways to engage people with shared interests, such as your construction business. They can be hosted online or offsite, and they provide an effective way to drive more leads to your company. For in-person networking events, engage in casual conversations and exchange calling cards when the time is right. If it's an online event, ensure that you abide by all the rules while participating, engaging, and interacting with other members. You can also create a post that allows you to impart your expertise on construction. Some subjects that you may contemplate include:
- The latest trend in the construction industry
- Mckinsey’s report about how the construction industry could emerge after the pandemic or any other economic crisis that could impact the business
- Construction trend in the next ten years
- What could millennial investors expect in the construction industry
- The latest bills related to construction businesses
- Innovations in the construction industry
- Biggest Construction firms and their achievements
- The impact of COVID on the cost of home design and construction
We trust that these topics will encourage you to engage in community forums, potentially resulting in new leads. You never know; the individuals with whom you converse in the comment section may turn out to be future leads or assist you in generating additional ones.
If feasible, consider enlisting the assistance of a member of your marketing team to construct an online community forum where you can exert more control.
In addition to community forums, consider supporting local community organizations. Membership in the community fosters trust, which can result in increased leads for your construction enterprise over time.
Do you frequently browse news and articles online? Have you ever come across a website that presents a prompt asking you to subscribe to receive their news and articles directly to your email? This is a common method used by businesses to generate leads through newsletters.
Newsletters often contain intriguing information, which entices individuals to sign up. This provides the business with an opportunity to send out promotions, invitations, and advertisements, especially if the recipient has given permission.
It is important to note that sending out newsletters is not a simple task. It requires specialized software to set up, and the content must be engaging. Furthermore, one must be prepared to create new content on a regular basis to keep their target market engaged. If you are operating a construction firm, it would be beneficial to send out newsletters that provide information on the latest market trends or maintenance reminders. Additionally, you can take advantage of newsletters by directly offering your services, such as new home construction, renovation, house inspection, or additions.
4. “Money-stretching” Programs
What motivates you to repeatedly make purchases from a particular online shopping platform?
For many, it's the allure of loyalty points that provides additional benefits such as discounts and a feeling of satisfaction, encouraging them to return to the site and purchase more products. However, loyalty points may not be as applicable to the construction industry since properties are typically not short-term investments unless one is involved in real estate. Instead, consider providing "money-stretching" programs.
- Perks for word-of-mouth referrals (referral = 1 bottle of wine)
- Discounts for early payers (save 1% off the bill by paying early, that is 1% x 12 months = 12% per year ROI)
- Discounts for repeat customers
The aforementioned programs are just a few examples of how you can increase lead generation for your construction business. There may be other programs available, but it's essential to examine them thoroughly before incorporating them into your strategy.
It's important to note that giveaways or contests may not be effective. Individuals may only participate to obtain the freebie or win the prize, without any genuine interest in your business or services. One exception could be offering freebies in exchange for quick surveys that allow you to obtain the email addresses of your target clients.
If you have been working in the construction industry for a considerable amount of time, you understand the significance of the last option.
In the 1980s, the primary method used by construction firms to advertise their business was through local newspaper publications, as most people read newspapers at the time. However, with the launch of the World Wide Web in 1991, the way construction firms market their properties and generate leads has been transformed. Many firms have turned to social media marketing to promote their services due to the effectiveness of online advertising in generating leads. This is especially true since an increasing number of clients, including 9 out of 10 Americans in 2018, use the internet for their construction-related needs, such as searching for homes. Thus, the question becomes, how can construction businesses advertise effectively online?
Here are some ways, according to Abstract Marketing Group
A. Focus on local search engine optimization (SEO) by doing the following:
- Optimizing meta titles and descriptions
- Getting citations
- Signing up on Google My Business (GMB)
- Getting online reviews
- Using schema markup
- Getting backlinks from local non-competing businesses
B. Create engaging content that drives leads
C. Start a strategic B2B appointment-setting program
D. Utilize marketing collateral to boost sales efforts
What should you include in your marketing collateral?
- Floor Plans - 2D and 3D plans attract leads who consider a particular goal for their house or infrastructure, like knowing the property’s layout or measurement.
- 3D Renderings - can drive one to visit the site or page that posts it.
Do you have some concerns about getting these types of floor plans and rendering?
We can help you.
We at HomeRender, aim to help clients like you streamline your business by providing a subscription-based 3D rendering service so that you can simply focus on expanding your market and gaining higher profit in the long run.
Does it sound interesting to you?
Here are sample floor plans and 3D renderings from our artists:
2D Floor Plans
3D Floor Plans
3D Rendering - Interior
3D Rendering - Exterior
By signing up for a plan at HomeRender, you can confidently expect to receive high-quality renderings and floor plans that are award-winning and billboard-worthy for your design firm. Choose a plan that aligns with your business needs and witness how the five modern lead generation strategies fit seamlessly into your approach. Don't hesitate; subscribe now!
This article was last updated on Mar 27, 2023